Saturday, July 19, 2014

Another day, another cat.

This morning I had an appointment at the vet to get Mochi, Charlie, and Bagira their annual shots. I returned home from the vet to discover a skinny female cat rolling around in my driveway, displaying the undeniable characteristics of a cat in heat. Are you kidding me? I've only been here two weeks! And had just come from the vet. Come on! I put Mochi and the two cats inside and grabbed some tuna. The cat was rolling around in the brush, purring and inquiring if either I or a nearby log might actually be a boy cat. Yep, definitely in heat. She didn't look to be in terrible condition or anything, but boy did she attack that tuna like she hadn't eaten in days. I scruffed her and stuffed her into a carrier (she was NOT happy) and headed back to the vet. (I have been there four times in two weeks. I should just sign my paycheck directly over to them. Sheesh. I do not earn enough money for this.)


 photo huntress_zps46ca743b.jpg
I had the kitty tested for FeLV and FIV, and she was negative. The vet agreed with my assessment that she probably hadn't eaten in several days, and pointed out that she was crawling with fleas. And yes, she was definitely in heat. I opted to leave her there, and have her spayed on Monday. She's a sweety and she's gorgeous (Anyone want her? As of Monday she'll be flea free and spayed and up to date on all her shots.) and she needs a name. Any suggestions? I was thinking Helena - which would be a tad ironic, as she will be the only cat of the bunch who doesn't look like a clone (Orphan Black reference).

No comments:

Post a Comment